History and site
Effet passementeries : unrivalled expertise boasting tradition and cutting edge!
Effet passementeries is above all a family affair: our company has been working since 1860 for the biggest names in fashion in France and on the international stage.
For 3 generations we have honoured tradition and celebrated creativity and innovation with a passion.
Creation of passementerie Benoît Gonin, specialising in braids and laces
Takeover by TREPAL Tresses et Passementeries de la Loire
Creation of EFFET, a company specialised in chenille and became EFFET PASSEMENTERIES in 1997
Opening of ACCESSOIRES D’EFFET, a store for private individuals located in the heart of our company
Creation of the weaving workshop within our company
Total reorganisation of our production site in order to optimise our productivity and the efficiency of all our plant operations
- Hand-made trimmings : buttons, macarons, appliques, brandebourgs, tassels, bigoudis…
- Braids and cords : cords, braids, piping, soutaches, princesses, rick racks, twist cords…
- Weaving : ribbons, jacquards, rattails, straps…
- Braids, fringes, stripes : fringes, braids, buttonholes, stripes…
- Chenilles : Lyon, astrakhan, lurex…
- Fashion accessories : clutch bags, belts, key rings, jewellery, cases…
- Home decoration accessories : napkin rings, curtain tie backs, pocket emptying trays, key decorations, tassels, lighting
AN OUTSTANDING SITE
At the foot of the Pilat Regional Natural Park, Effet passementeries is nestled in Saint-Paul-en-Jarez, in one of the former water plants. This protected heritage is made up of stone buildings with rectangular courtyards surrounded by abundant greenery.